MANAGE YOUR HEARTBURN, NATURALLY!
You’ve got that burning feeling! Millions of people suffer from heartburn every day. Heartburn is a burning sensation in your chest and occurs when stomach acid goes into your esophagus. One common way to manage heartburn is to use drug treatment options such as antacids, proton pump inhibitors or H2 blockers. If you suffer from chronic heartburn, maybe you’re looking for some more natural ways to help relieve your symptoms.
There are a number of different ways to diminish the symptoms of heartburn. One way is by incorporating a few lifestyle changes. Here are some simple suggestions that may help you avoid getting heartburn.
Ways to Avoid Heartburn
- Watch what you eat. Try to avoid heartburn trigger foods, which include the following:
- Citrus fruits and juices
- High-fat foods
- Eat smaller, more frequent meals. Eating large meals causes your stomach to expand, which can force acids into the esophagus.
- Stop eating two to three hours before going to bed to give your stomach a chance to empty out before you lie down.
Natural Ways to Help Alleviate Heartburn
Check with your doctor before starting any treatment options to make sure that you don’t have a more severe underlying problem.
- Eat bananas. Bananas are alkalizing in the body and are usually great for people with acid reflux.
- Drink chamomile tea. Chamomile tea has anti-inflammatory properties and may help to neutralize stomach acid.
- Ginger. Ginger helps to calm stomach acid and relaxes the muscles of the esophagus. You can eat it raw or add it to tea.
Did You Know That Alkaline Water Can Help With Heartburn?
Yes, that’s right. Alkaline water can help relieve heartburn. It only makes sense that alkaline water helps to combat the acidity from acid reflux. Researchers at the Voice Institute of New York conducted a study on the effects of alkaline water on heartburn. They used water with a pH of 8.8. They concluded that “the consumption of alkaline water may have therapeutic benefits for patients with reflux disease.” Alkaline water also tastes great and is always available straight from your water ionizer machine.
Do you have any natural heartburn remedies you would like to share with us? Has alkaline water helped you to relieve your heartburn symptoms? Add your comment below. We would love to hear about it!