Superior is the most suitable word in regards to 9 plate water ionizers. The 9 plate units are in a class of their own. For those that want the the very best unit with the greatest benefits, a 9 plate unit is the only way to go.
Keep in mind, just having 9 plates is not enough. Remember, as with any water ionizer, you want plates which are at least 7 inches in length. As it stands, there are only two units on the market with 7 inch plate…the Enagic and the Tyent. While Enagic only has 7 plates, Tyent has 9 plates with the adequate length as discussed.
Selecting a 9 plate unit can be challenging because not all 9 plate units are created equally. If you intend to invest in a 9 plate unit consider the following:
- Highest quality SMPS Plus (This is the 7th Generation SMPS)
- Minimum of 350 watts of power
- Lifetime warranty on parts and labor (look for a warranty with no fine print)
- Large mesh/solid hybrid plates (state of the art plate design like Permelec)
- Dual filtration-look for brands who offer advanced filtration (some times referred to as ultra filtration or ultra filters)